Bylaws are the most important documents of the organization. These are the organization’s operating manual. Bylaws determine the type of members the organization has as well as democratic powers residing in the membership and authority power residing with the board and committee members.
The CSFS Bylaws define:
- Size of the board and how it will function
- Roles and duties of directors and officers
- Rules and procedures for holding meetings, electing directors, and appointing officers
- Conflict of interest policies and procedures
- How grant monies will be distributed
- Other essential corporate governance matters