The Canadian Society of Forensic Science H. Ward Smith Award
The H. Ward Smith award will be available to eligible IAFS 2017 conference delegates.Ward Smith was the first Director of the Centre of Forensic Sciences, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The H. Ward Smith Fund was established in his memory to provide travel assistance to members of the CSFS to attend the IAFS meeting.
The H. Ward Smith Award was specially created for IAFS 2017 to recognize his contribution to forensic science in Canada, as the first Director of the Centre of Forensic Sciences, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The H. Ward Smith Fund was established in his memory to provide travel assistance to members of the CSFS to attend the IAFS meeting.
More than one awardee may be chosen from abstracts submitted to the CSFS Awards Committee to receive an H. Ward Smith Award and the opportunity to present at IAFS 2017.
- The principal author must be a member of the CSFS and will receive the award
- Abstracts authored or co-authored by a member of the Awards Committee and/or CSFS Board of Directors will not be considered
- Work must be original and previously unpublished
- Abstracts must be submitted through the IAFS 2017 website. Confirm membership in CSFS and that you wish to be considered for the award
- CSFS abstracts may be submitted in English only or English AND French
- Subject to publication rights of IAFS 2017, candidate papers are subject to the “right of first refusal” for publication in the CSFS Journal
- Only abstracts accepted by IAFS 2017 will be considered for the award
- Award winner(s) will present their work at a CSFS session at IAFS 2017
- Award winner(s) will submit travel costs including transportation, accommodation, meals/incidentals and registration (not including Pre-conference Workshops without approval). The travel costs will be reimbursed to the maximum prevailing rates stipulated by the National Joint Council of the Public Service of Canada and will require final approval by the CSFS Awards Committee and Board of Directors.